BUSCAMEDIA: Towards a semantic adaptation of multinetwork-multiterminal digital media
BUSCAMEDIA is an spanish project (under CENIT-e program) that aims at the research in several lines to develop a true multimedia semantic search engine, based on a new revolutionary ontology defined within the project (M3 Ontology: multilingüal, multidomain & multimedia) that allows adaptation to any network, terminal, context and user, including professionals or end-users, in a better way than any existing technology in the world.
These are the main research lines in the project:
- A multimedia content-based semantic search (text, images, audio & video) using natural language without human intervention (only the user that selects the multimedia search terms).
- Advanced audio, video & images content annotation.
- M3 ontology (multilingüal, multidomain & multimedia) to be used by the multimedia semantic search.
- A natural language search that allows interacting with the search system.
- A system to adapt the search to any device or file format in order to deliver the content to the user in a format adapted to the device, the user preferences or the context.
- Research & developement to generate automatically M3 contents adapted to the needs of new users.
Personalization & contextualization to adapt the search results to user profiles in web 2.0 environments and towards web 3.0.
Content adaptation to allow a search result available to any terminal-device.
- A new modelled architecture towards the cloud computing paradigms to allow:
- fast and efficient search,
- defining a data model based on semantics and the M3 ontology,
- a system with privacity, security & interoperability.
BUSCAMEDIA general diagram
|INDUSTRIAL PARTNERS||RESEARCH PARTNERS|
ATOS ORIGIN (ATS)
UNIVERSIDAD POLITECNICA DE MADRID (UPM)
Project Website: http://www.cenitbuscamedia.es/